Week 9: Cyberpunk

Akira: The Chilling Manga That Reminds You Of The Powers Of ...
I read Akira and the illustrations are a totally old comic book vibe and I love it. The pages are colored at first but then quickly dims down all the way to just black and white. It starts off talking about world war three happenings but then jumps to guys on a motorcycle headed to the city and I think they are trying to shake someone off. I got lost with the reading and started from right to left, but it reads like an American book would. These bikers have a leader which I assume is also the main character all throughout the series. And looking into the details of their bike, they look way too futuristic to still be in the same time frame as the bomb so that's a cool find. I treat fictional characters like they are real, so when I saw one of the bikers get hit with some type of explosion and was badly injured, It made me worried for him if he would live or not. That's as much as I read into the manga.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4: Miyazaki and studio Ghibli

Week 7: Shonen