Week 4: Miyazaki and studio Ghibli

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind – IFC Center
Wow, the manga Nausicaa Of the Valley of the Wind looks like the type of adventure I dream of going on. It's so action pack and even though the manga is in black and white, the crosshatch and line work of art goes great with it. The mange is rough, a little realistic, completely out of this world creatures and situations.  I swear I've seen this style before in an anime where these 2 children end up in another world in the sky because of a special necklace. I only checked out the first chapter, but if I were to continue with this series, I rather see it in motion because it would be more impactful and could get an, even more, an understanding of certain scenes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14: The influence of Manga & Anime in the West