Week 8: Diversity in gender & sexuality

Learning about my mother, and myself, through 2017's most intimate ...
I remember reading My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness in class one day and I was not prepared for what I was about to see in this reading. For someone who has never owned or willingly read manga, this was complete to new to me versus the other manga we have discussed in class. Although I am not attracted to the same gender, you can just feel the pressure and struggle the main character is going through with natural psychological changes. There was one funny part in the first chapter where the main character accidentally creates a bald spot on top of her head and tries to cover it up with more hair combed over. I think the style is pretty sweet. The pink background and objects kinda add to the love experience. Not my type of manga but still a decent reading from what I've read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4: Miyazaki and studio Ghibli

Week 14: The influence of Manga & Anime in the West